To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment. - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Monday, January 21, 2008

Proposition...

This weekend and I ran into some old friends of mine. I was bumping around and doing some Saturday errands, so I was just wearing jeans and this shirt that I got for Christmas that says "Marathon Girl" across the chest. And, of course I got the question I always get "Are you married yet?" - oh wait not that one... "Are you still running?" Korie and Brock and I started talking about running.

The truth is I am SO LAZY lately! The atrophy has caused most of my clothes to look goofy on me (the amazing amount of stress and 3-week illness were contributors as well, I presume). I am supposed to run the Saint George Marathon this year (that is if I get in). And, the truth is I can't seem to get motivated to run at all! I ran on Christmas morning with my baby brother (that was a month ago right?) And, then I ran on Saturday. I only WANTED to run 3 miles, but it turns out I locked myself out - what... I am bright like that! So, I ended up running 4.5 because I had to turn around and run to Robin's house.

So, here's the proposition. Who wants me to pay them to chase me? With a hatchet or something scary, so I might run?!? Or maybe someone could run in front of me with a bag of skittles containing only the yummy green ones solely available in the 'carnival' bag? Any takers?

Please, anyone!?! The ox is in the mire! I NEED to start training!

No comments: