To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment. - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Whoever Said that Guys Don't Pay Attention to Details...

Well, those people are kind of wrong. Sometimes they do. But, in odd and creepy ways.

So, we all know that I work in an Engineering/Construction firm. And, therefore I work mainly with guys. So, apparently my style or fashion sense is baffling to most of them, most of the time, as indicated by the following commentary (all of which REALLY has been said to me by the men I work with).

AP: "Are those functional buttons?" - this is kind of odd and creepy right??? I wanted to say, 'you do know you said that out loud right?', but I just nodded and left the room.

CW: "Nice costume." - Costume, that can't be good, right?!?

BZ: "You should wear more make-up." - Bite me!

CW: "I like your boots, they are uhhhhh... ummmmm... yah." - Ok, uhhhhhh... ummmm... thanks?!?

MP: "I like your tights, those are sweet!" - Why thank you.

BZ: "You are like a woman of a thousand looks." - Um, ok.

CW: "Whoa, nice bow!"
Ali: "Actually, it's a flower."
CW: "Yah, whatever!"

DB: "Those are interesting shoes. You are like a conservative Lady Gaga." - what the...???

No comments: