To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment. - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Friday, May 14, 2010

To Be Defined

Jackie is my favorite co-worker and one of my dearest friends. She has the sorry misfortune of spending at a minimum about 45-hours a week with me (since she can't even lose me during lunch hours). Anyway, for the past year and a half I have had the wonderful privilege of spending most of my waking hours with her. She is so so so wonderful and fun. We laugh hard everyday.

Anyway, a while back I started composing a list of all of the funny things that Jackie has said about me. So, I thought I would give you all a taste of how I have been defined by someone who knows me better than most. Here are her defining quotes:

"Um, not very many people have all their conversations in a manner that mirrors a sitcom."

"Oh no, don't start singing. This is NOT a karaoke bar!"

"You are really really good at driving while you eat."

"Are you saying that if you didn't do your hair everyday you'd look like a Duggar?"

"You are like the Patron Saint of birthdays. Someone turns a year older and you show up with a cake!"

"Is that your idea of saving your money, giving it away to a charity?"

"Wait, you just went from giving away all your money to charities to insurance fraud in like 10 seconds flat!"

"I am not saying you're an outlaw. I am just saying there is a little bit of outlaw in you."

"If you had your way, your kids would come out 6-months-old and wearing a costume."

"What diet are we going on now? Are were going to be drinking lemon water with honey and cayenne pepper like all the other crazies?"

No comments: