To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment. - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Thursday, July 22, 2010

It's All Fun and Games...

... until someone mistakes you for a carni!

Yikes. I went to the fair yesterday. And, I was wearing a little hoodie and some sailor pants... which was not what I saw any of the other carnies wearing. But, alas, some lady came up to me in the petting zoo area and asked if I worked at the fair. I promptly replied in the negative. After which, she asked me "what happened to that big ole' cow that gave birth on Sunday?" - So, as you can see, I got mistaken for a fair worker, which makes me kind of want to take my own life! But... moving on.

I.Love.the.Fair! Shady people. Shady food. Farm yard animals.

Last night they had piglet races. We cheered on a pig named "Sloppy Joe."

And, we talked to a rancher about cattle. Holly was alarmed at my lack of knowledge about cows and bulls and heifers and steers and angus and.... blah blah blah. There is a lot of useless knowledge about cattle. I feel like I should hold a 4-H meeting just to regurgitate it to someone who could actually do something with it. I mean truthfully, I don't even really like hamburgers or steaks... but, anyway...

I also came about 2 minutes after a goat gave birth and was still laying in the after birth. It.was.gross. But, watching that little goat try to walk was like watching Bambi.

And, although we abstained from partaking of any of the delicacies at the fair, we did meet up with a guy who wanted to tell us about all the things he ate from this place:


Fried butter?!? Chocolate bacon?!? There were a lot of professional eaters at the Orange County Fair. A LOT!

No comments: