To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment. - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Deplorable Confession #5192

I fancy myself in the average range of the intellectual spectrum, which is why I feel OK about admitting what I am about to.

It wasn't until about the age of 14 that I realized November 11th was Veteran's Day. Prior to that I thought it was Veterinarian’s Day... What?!? I grew up in Santa Barbara... they were all about PETA, so it made sense to me back then. It seemed TOTALLY legitimate. Ok... I know... I am retarded!

In all honesty, I am quite patriotic. Last summer when I was at SeaWorld, they honored the military men and women and I cried... which is BIG, since I am mostly dead inside. I have such love for this country. And, I have such profound reverence for all military men and women, past and present. (I even watch Army Wives... I chalk it up to patriotism). I just wanted to thank all those who fight for our country. I don’t honestly know too many soldiers. But, my Grandfather was one. Jonny Volcansek is one, I think. Seth Malley is a gimpy one. And, my cousin, Sandra’s husband is a military man, as well. Thank you to all of you (those that I know and those I do not know) who have fought for our freedom.

Also, you Veterinarians are cool too... I guess. Maybe someday you WILL actually get a day of dedication to honor your noble profession... but, more than likely, you won't... sorry about that!

4 comments:

Amanda said...

You're cute. Thanks for your thoughts. He is one. =)

Pierce and Stacy said...

haha! My dad thought the song, Jingle Bells said, "Dashing through the snow, in a one horse soap n' sleigh." And Jordan called armpits, armpretties. I'm sure I said something stupid, but I just can't think of anything right now.

Yay for military men!

Kelli said...

That is way funny! I laughed so hard :) You are hilarious!!

Sandra Nixon said...

Thanks for mentioning QUinn, he liked to hear about himself on your blog!