To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment. - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Friday, November 13, 2009

That's what she said...

My darling friends are all about dinner parties. And, I love it. It's fun and social and according to stuffwhitepeoplelike.com makes us SUPER WHITE.

Anyway, in an attempt to assist with some of the planning we had this conversation today.

Ali: Does Derek need to bring anything?
M.E.: Side dish.
Ali: Ok, I'll probably have to help him with that. Wait, is anyone bringing drinks? Or can he bring those?
M.E: Nope. Sounds wonderful to me. Maybe he can get a smattering of sparkling drinks, martinellis, lemonades, etc. from Trader Joe's in those beautiful bottles.
Ali: Ok. I will go with him. I can just see it now "Beautiful Bottles" - He'll come back with root beer!

Ali: D, can you bring drinks in pretty bottles?
Derek: I can do that for sure. You mean IBC?

Ha ha ha....

So, then I tell Jackie this conversation and how funny I think it is to which she responds:

"I am pretty sure the only bottle a man would think is 'beautiful' is the kind that has a genie in it!"

It's official men NEED women. Why is it that none of the ones I know want to fully grasp this fact!?!

No comments: