To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment. - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Nurse Jackie

I have ALWAYS known that I could never be a doctor.

Reason #1: I am not THAT smart. Nor, did I have any interest in going to school for THAT long. Or going THAT far into debt to go to school for THAT long.

Reason #2: Blood makes me queasy.

Reason #3: If I see puke, I puke. If I smell puke, I puke. If I hear puking, I WILL start puking. (Also, apparently Pepto Bismol is like epicac to me and if I smell or drink that I WILL puke).

Reason #4: My bed-side manner... hmmmm??? I think I might be too fiesty or sassy or... but, I am very good at fetching things, and serving people, and maybe even sugar-coating things for people that I don't know at all!

Reason #5: I am really not that good with the human anatomy!

Yesterday at work I had this conversation with Jackie:

Me: Hey, can you PDF Section IV, reduce the size, and then send it over to Mr. Uria? Do you need his email?
Jackie: No, I have it. U-R-I-A, right? Doesn't that sound a lot like Urethra?
Me: Totally!
Jackie: Urethra! Is that in your throat or down there?
Me: I am pretty sure it's down south.
Jackie: Yea, I think you're maybe right.

So, as it turns out:

1.) I was right about the approximate location of the Urethra on the body. But, needless to say, I am so not quitting my day job anytime soon. Neither is Jackie!

and

2.) I am apparently having the same types of convesations had by 12-year-old boys, which is kind of tragic. I should think about growing up and not just getting old.

Part II....

Me: If I ever have kids, I am not taking pictures of them when they're all gross and bloody.
Jackie: Yea, no one wants to see that. Not even the mothers. Wipe those kids off!
Me: If I had my way....
Jackie: ... the kid would come out 6 months old and wearing a costume... yea, we know!

No comments: