To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment. - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Monday, October 4, 2010

Tender Mercies

Bad week. REALLY bad week.

But, I had one of those weeks that people have when they notice that although they were puking all weekend, someone was holding their hair back. Well, I wasn't sick, but hopefully you get the analogy. I recognized a lot of greatness in the midst of a really bad week. Tender mercies, if you will.

Here are my thank yous for all four:

1. Wes. Thank you for showing up at my house with a drill ready to fix everything that's broken in my house, since you clearly recognized you couldn't fix everything broken in my life. I adore you for that.

2. Mo. Thank you for sending me a ticket to come home, knowing that's the only place I need to be right now. It means more to me than you'll ever know.

3. Elyse. Thank you for being you. And, for shaking me around like a snow globe for the better part of a day. But, more than that, thank you for being that friend that I can look at sideways... and then... "whoa, look at that Devonshire, I used to live on Devonshire....". There are very few people who can make life better and know exactly how to do it with only one glance from a very close friend. You make my life better.

4. Jeanette. You are a blessing in my life, every day. Cute as a button! I am glad I don't have to go through a lot of my uncertainty alone.

7 comments:

Erin said...

Ali -

I've been thinking of you and the rest of your dear family... We sure love ya'lll!! Please, please let me know if there's anything I can do. When do you come to TX? And for how long?

Jordan said...

Love you, Ali! Let us know if you want to get together when you're in town. We promise to shower you with TLC.

Amanda said...

What is going on?! You better call me!

Katy said...

I, too, have been thinking about you and the fam. I wish I could join you in Texas. Hope you know I love you!

Ali B. said...

Amanda, my mom is really sick. But, I WILL call you.

I am coming home on Wednesday night. She has all her procedures on Thursday.

Thank you, all of you. We have such a good family!

Kylee said...

I fasted yesterday for your mom and family! I love you all so much and you were in my mind and heart all day yesterday and today. Know that I love you! kylee

Sandra Nixon said...

Your mom and family are in my prayers! We sure love you. When I told my huband he commented about how much he likes your mom and enjoys having converstaions with her. Don't we all?
Good luck to her and you all this week.