To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment. - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Sunday, May 8, 2011

Jacob's Big Day...

I was reminded this morning that it has been a long while since I blogged. So, I decided to post a little update.



Since, I just unpacked my suitcase last night, it still seems relatively recently that I went to Connecticut to see my nephew Jacob get baptized.


My parents picked up my other two nephews who are around Jakey's age and they all flew out. Papa and Adam took the boys to a Red Sox game and Jacob had a Red Sox birthday cake (which was SO good).




While I was there, I took my nieces to get manis/pedis. It was Sadie's first time at the Salon. She ate her nail polish off in about 3 hours. But, she loved it! She was all smiles, as were Izzy and Sadie. It's our tradition. I always try to take my nieces to get their nails done. They feel like such grown-ups.






We played games, cooked, ate, and I slept a lot. The kids kept calling me "the sleeping giant." But, ask my roommates, if you turn on the t.v. and don't give me anything else to do... I am out! Plus, with four kids nuzzled into me, it was just so cozy. We had a lot of fun, and I miss everyone already!

I didn't bring my camera, so I only have these grainy photos from my phone. But, they should do.





All day, Jacob kept asking "Am I am member of the church yet?!?" I have never seen anyone so excited to get baptized. Congratulations Jakey, I am so proud of you!

1 comment:

Amanda said...

No wonder you fall asleep any time you sit still - you never stop woman!