To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment. - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Saturday, July 23, 2011

New Goal

I woke up this morning at 5:45 am (which was the first problem) to run my 18 mile training run (this was obviously the second problem) in preparation for my 4th marathon. And, as I rolled out of bed I decided 'I am not sure I really like running anymore!?!'

Lucky for me, I had about 3 hours to ponder that thought and try to run around it. But, in the end, after 3 hours of running and thinking and listening to A bit Stronger on repeat A LOT, I decided that it might be time for a new goal, as well as a new left hip and a right knee replacement. This marathon thing is harder when you're an old lady, like me.

But, seeing as it's hard to teach an old dog new tricks, my new goal has to be something I am already pretty adept at. So... what have I got to choose from... hmmmm???

I am pretty sure that even though I am very proficient consumer, I couldn't hold a candle to the shopping habits of a lot of the women in the O.C.

What else have I got?!? I DO eat like a truck driver most days... maybe I can turn that into some sort of a goal... oh wait, my idea has already been taken by this lady... who, as it turns out, has over a 550-pound advantage over me right now. Man, I can't seem to catch a break these days.

Guess, I should just stick to the training then.

However, it was suggested to me this morning, by the 8-year-old I am tending for the weekend, that I "marry David Archuleta, and if he says no, Michael Jackson." I politely informed little Ian that David was wee bit young for me and that M.J. had died (as if that was the ONLY reason that MJ was not a great idea for my soulmate). He seemed to be O.K. with David being to young, but refused to believe that the passing of MJ somehow eliminated him from being a viable candidate for my future spouse, until I suggested that marrying the deceased HAD to be against the law. Well then... that seemed to give me an out. Ian didn't think that breaking the law was a good idea. Whew... otherwise, this may have been a good option for a new goal.

No comments: