To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment. - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Thursday, September 15, 2011

Ebay = Stress

So, last night I was having a bit of trouble sleeping. But, finally I fell asleep for about a few hours, and then I was awakened by an earthquake... and then after I got a 3 AM diet coke, I started looking on ebay. (I can't explain it, that's just how my brain works).

Now, first I should mention that I need NOTHING. But, if I had to pick one thing I need the LEAST, it would be clothes.

But, there it was, the cutest little top from Anthropolgie, selling on Ebay for $7.49... and so I bid. And, for 14 straight hours, I started planning my life... all around this cute little top. I had so many outfits all made up in my head. It is such a cute top.

The last 5 minutes of the auction were stressful... I mean SO stressful. I think I might have developed an ulcer. Ugh.

And, BAM... out of nowhere, another bidder, and then another... and another ... next thing I know, some chick in New Jersey shattered my dreams and won the top that I wanted.... Now, I guess she gets to have the life I wanted... the one I dreamed of for 14 straight hours (which is long for me to have the same plan... or any plan really)!

Sigh...

But, when I really think about it, my life plan wasn't that grand after all. Because that cute little top... the one I saw adorned on my body in the eternities... well, it was actually a size too big. And, in my head I thought 'I could totally eat my way into that!'

And, no good plan ever started with those words.

So, I guess all things work out for the best.

1 comment:

Jeanette Lefrandt said...

hahaha this is why I love you!!!