To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment. - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Monday, January 23, 2012

Speedy Me.

Last night I got a speeding ticket.

Sigh....

But, it was time, I am sure. I speed... a lot. And, I get ticketed for it seldomly.

So, I am really not the kind of girl who puts up much of a fight. I just take it. And, for some reason, I usually say thank you?!? Don't know where that comes from. I always tell myself that I am thanking the poor cop for doing his civic duty.

But, last night before the thank you portion of the conversation I found myself really really tempted to say "excuse me, can you hurry this up? I really have to pee." Luckily I had already reached my quota of stupid things to say to a cop in a 15 minutes span. So, I refrained and skipped right to "thank you."

But, for the record.... can I add traffic school to the list in my previous post??? Ok, good.

No comments: