To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment. - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Totally Normal, Right?!

On Friday I had a conversation with my friend Claire that went something like this....

Claire: So, what are your plans for this weekend?
Ali: Dinner, wedding, birthday party thing and I have to make a Tony the Tiger costume.
Claire: Weird.

Ha ha ha. 

That statement would not be weird at all... if I had any kids.  I mean, I am sure most of my friends have weekend plans that sound a lot like that, right?  But, they have 4 or 5 kids, usually.

Which brings me to this... why is it that only guys get that knock on the door saying "about 4 or 5 years ago we had a kid"??? Is that too much to ask?  I just think that would be the best thing ever!  Why do men have all the luck!?

Anyway, I DID make a Tony the Tiger costume all by myself (except the head, Jackie made the head for me).  And, I am super impressed with myself!  Bring on the kids... I am ready!


 

And, in two short days, I am going to rock it... just like a 4 or 5 year old kid would!

1 comment:

Jordan said...

Can I recruit you to make my kids' costumes? I'm really impressed, but I have to see what it looks like on you!