To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment. - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Saturday, September 5, 2009

This should be getting easier...

and I should be getting better right?!?

What am I talking about???

Marathon training. What else?!? I know it's all I talk about these days. It does FEEL like it may be the bane of my existence. But, after the middle of October, I PROMISE to talking about something new!

But, until then, let's review:

San Diego Marathon Training (Marathon #1) - 4 years ago
My Saturdays were like this... run for hours and hours, go home and eat like a truck-driver, take a shower, take a nap and get ready for the day.

# of pairs shoes I went through - 3.
# of toenails that fell off during training - 4.
# of times I got pedicures to make myself feel better about the sorry state of my feet - 12.
# of pounds I lost in training - about 10-ish.
# of times I got sunburned during my morning runs - 0.
# of songs I downloaded from iTunes hoping it would make me run faster - about 50.
# of times I wanted to quit before I even started the race - about 1o.

Chicago Marathon Training (Marathon #3) - 5 weeks from now
My Saturdays are like this... run for hours and hours, go home and eat like a truck-driver, take a shower, take a nap, eat like a truck-driver AGAIN, take ANOTHER nap and get ready for the day... oh wait, I mean NIGHT.

# of pairs of shoes I have used so far - 4.
# of toenails that have fallen off during training - 0.
# of times I have gone to get pedicures to make myself feel better about the sorry state of my feet - 0. (They are just UGLY, and I am ok with it).
# of pounds I have lost in training - about none-ish.
# of times I have been sunburned during my morning runs - 3, so far (and I have never gotten home after 10 AM)!
# of songs I have downloaded from iTunes hoping it would make me run faster - about 50.
#of times I have wanted to quit - about 100x EVERY SINGLE SATURDAY during my long runs.

If we ONLY take into account the number of toenails I have been able to retain, I am getting a lot better at this marathon training.

But, if we take into account all the other factors... NOT SO MUCH!

Can I blame it on the fact that it's so bloody hot here and between 65% - 75% humidity? - Yea, I didn't think so.

No comments: