To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment. - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Hoping for the best!

As it turns out, according to my co-workers I am ALWAYS these two (2) things:

1. Cold

and

2. on a diet.

Well, I am ALWAYS cold. I have a space heater at home and a space heater at work and no matter what time of year it is, mostly they are both always on... even in the summer... when it's like 90 degrees outside. I blame this on the fact that I have very small veins and very poor circulation (a doctor told me that, I am not making it up).

And, I ALWAYS act like I am on a diet, but it never really works that way. Anytime someone walks past me with a cake of any kind, I am off the wagon. Candy gets me most days too.

But, right now, since I had TWO thanksgiving dinners (friends and other friends) and I have to fit into my fancy black tie clothes for a few banquets I am supposed to attend, I feel like I SHOULD be on a diet. And, it's like 60 degrees outside, so of course I am wearing sweaters AND have my space heater on full blast.

Anyway, this is what happened in my office today...

Ali: Oh my gosh what is that smell? And, can I have some?!?
Jackie: Brandon made popcorn. Doesn't it smell good?
Ali: Yes, can I have some?
Jackie: No, but you can have regular corn.
Ali: That's not nearly as fun.
Jackie: Well, you can put it in front of your heater and hope for the best!

3 comments:

Pierce and Stacy said...

haha. That's funny.

Amanda said...

I so hear you on the always cold thing. Why do I live in Utah?!!

Chloe said...

Popcorm?! OK, you know I can't resist anything sweet. Well, every one knows that.