To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment. - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Sunday, December 27, 2009

My mom is so funny!

I swear, my mom has said some of the funniest things since I have been home visiting for Christmas. But, the best part is that she isn't even trying to be funny.

A few days ago my dad was talking to his mom on speaker phone. Apparently, in her older age her voice is getting lower. She's like 91 or something. Anyway, my mom says: "Who is that man dad is talking to?" I look at her all confused. Then she says "oh wait, that's grandma... oops."

And, then today, we are driving home from church and I am asking her about all these people she was talking to. And, I ask about this one guy who has long white hair and looks like the scientist on Back to the Future, but with a lot more girth. Anyway she tells me his name (and it turns out, I actually do know the guy), then she says (all matter-of-fact), "He is a Santa in the winter and a clown in the summer. His look easily transitions well for both." I was laughing so hard, and she said, "Well at least he has a career."

Aaaaahhhhh.... my mom is so funny!

On a side note, my 5-year-old nephew was forced to wear an argyle sweater. He looked beyond DARLING! But, for some reason he was not having it and he told us he looked "stupider than the stupidest guy ever born." Ha ha ha.

3 comments:

Lori Thompson said...

Oh JAN! How I miss you! You too Ali! :)

Anonymous said...

Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now keep it up!

Chloe said...

LOL! That first one was so funny!!!