To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment. - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Wednesday, January 5, 2011

I can't decide if I have any or need any...

... New Year's Resolutions, that is.

I mean, I had two big ones last year. One, get my car registered (which was supposed to happen in November, but two tickets, a smog check and 7 months later, bam - registered!) This year I DID register my car in November. Yea, me! And two, return the movie Duplicity, which I NEVER watched, but kept for four and a half months. (I managed to pull this one off sometime in January, because I am on top of things like that).

I mean, how can I top those?!?! Two resolutions, both met! Done and done. Awesome. I aim low. That way everyone is happily pleased at the outcome, myself included.

This year I have a whole mess of ideas which might be goals or resolutions if properly formulated and/or articulated, but actually haven't gotten very far. And, I am trying to decide if I should even bother?

So far this year I have: gone run/walking once, which made me feel very sore; only drunk one diet coke (or any kind of soda); walked around Target carrying a kettleball, which stretched out and made sore my left arm, that I eventually purchased AND it was all I purchased (though, I have not used it since); gotten a lot of sleep; not purchased any fun things; haven't eaten any junk food or sweets; and... well that's about it.

I mean, I know it's only day 5 of 2011, but there has to be some sort of a New Year's Resolution in there somewhere, right?

No comments: