To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment. - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Monday, November 3, 2008

Week in Review (Mostly Quotes Edition)

I just got home from work! This is why I deserve Kate Spade shoes from Joe! I also worked most of the day Saturday, so... I didn't have much of a life to blog about... and all of my free time goes to YW or to assuage my conscience about Prop 8 (I am afraid if it doesn't pass, I may have to hide) and I don't have time to upload any of the photos from Halloween yet (plus, we used Wendy's camera, so I may never see those pictures)... so this is basically the mostly quotes edition.

On Friday, one of my favorite people ever born had a birthday! Happy Birthday Jody. I know I hardly ever see you, but I think about you ALL the time. You are such an amazing example to me. You have always been and will always be one of the most loyal friends I have ever known!

We went to lunch for Jody's birthday, just the 4 of us (Meg, Claire, Jody and I - we SO missed you Paige!) And Meridith (aka Meg) said the funniest thing "I try to be upfront when I go out on dates these days. I let the guys know right away that I am down to my down syndrome eggs."

Then on Saturday, totally out of the blue Robin says "You guys, you know what's really gonna suck? Having to listen to Elmo songs in the car!" I am assuming she's thinking of being a mom and not changing her current music tastes.

My roommate Marci was watching me check all of my friends blogs and she said to me "all of your friends have kids!" To which I replied "Well yea, ALL of my friends have kids, SOME of my friends even have grandkids, in case you forgot, I am like 100!" (Clearly, I am feeling a little old).

Debra, Jean and I all got Facebook (in case you missed last weeks review) for our YW girls so we could check up on them and keep abreast on their day-to-day lives. Debra says to me so-and-so "walled me, is that what it's called? Walled?" I told her that I wasn't sure, but honestly I don't think that 's how you say it... because it totally made me laugh.

"He gave you a ring pop when you were like 6 years old, get over it already!" -Blair Waldorf (what??? I am obsessed!)

That's it... that's all... I have to finish working! (Plus, Wendy just brought me Pick Up Stix - she's amazing).

1 comment:

Pierce and Stacy said...

I love your life. You have such fun friends. And I can't believe you got facebook.... ha... let's be friends! :)

And just so you know, it's "so and so WROTE on my wall." Not walled. haha that made me laugh so hard. You're such a good YW leader. You are so magnifying your calling.