To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment. - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Friday, February 13, 2009

MZT Pros and Cons.

I like my new job at MZT... But, it's different. I decided to make up a list of Pros and Cons.

Pro: The boys took me to lunch with them and I didn't even have to ask.
Con: We had to eat Vietnamese food. I have no idea what it was or how my body will react to it.

Con: I have only had one diet coke today and it was Vietnamese, so it didn't really count!
Pro: There is a guy across the street who sells diet coke, by the sip if I want to pay that way! And, he doesn't even charge tax!
Con: I had to walk past a TOTALLY NAKED homeless guy to get to "La Chiquita Market". I wish I was kidding!!!

Pro: I have my own office with three windows.
Con: It feels like Antarctica in there!
Pro: The receptionist volunteered to by me a space heater.
Con: I am not sure one will be enough!

Pro: My office is SO SO SO clean!
Con: There is NOTHING in it ...
Pro: ...except a printer that is SO big and fast!
Con: I am not going to be able to request that FEMA check for the sorry state of my office.
Pro: FEMA never sent me any money anyway.

Pro: I work dangerously close to two (2) big malls.
Con:I work dangerously close to two (2) big malls.

Con: I got here at 7:24 AM
Pro: No one said good-afternoon, even though I think I am supposed to come in at 7. AND, I get to go home at 4:30 or 5!

Con: I work in the barrio.
Pro: I worked in the barrio before, but this barrio is only 10 miles from my house. The other one was 35!

Pro: There is a Mormon guy in my office!
Con: No con. He's married, but that's OK.

Pro: I really like the people I work with and I have already made new friends.
Con: One of my "friends" is conveniently related to everyone famous and is the best everything in the world!
Con: He's divorced.
Con: He already invited me to see his band.
Con: He is in his late 4os and in a punk band.
Con: I still really miss my old co-workers.

Con: Alex (the big guy who dressed as a Chippendale for Halloween) went to lunch with all of the guys and somehow managed to rip ALL the buttons off his shirt and he had to use tape to keep it closed the rest of the day and I missed it!
Pro: Alex (the big guy who dressed as a Chippendale for Halloween) went to lunch with all of the guys and somehow managed to rip ALL the buttons off his shirt and he had to use tape to keep it closed the rest of the day and I missed it!

1 comment:

Sandra Nixon said...

it is fun to hear about your new job!