To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment. - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Wednesday, August 26, 2009

I HEART Jackie Bach!

Jackie and I work together.

She IS my favorite part of my job... though I do like everything else about it too. It's a great job!

Anyway, since I started working at MZT her lofty new goal in life is to get me married and pregnant. She may be a little less picky on the order than I am... but, actually, maybe not. She has HIGH expectations for me!

She is SO incredibly nice to me. She is always telling me that I am too smart and pretty and funny for my own good. She tells me that if I was dumber and uglier and less fun, I'd be married by now... ha ha ha... don't worry, I don't believe that for a second! My list of reasons is TOTALLY different!

She is a total self-esteem builder. Perhaps my greatest cheerleader. And, I adore her beyond words.

Today we had this conversation...

Jackie: I saw a homeless person today. Her hair and skin were all the same color. I spotted her from like 50-yards away. She was actually a he. He was wearing a dress. He was like a transgender homeless guy.
Me: Actually, I think a lot of homeless men wear like skirts and dresses. Seriously, I have seen quite a few. Maybe, it's just what they do.
Jackie: Well, yea, because they are cracked out and mental. Well, at least most of them are. So, they get all confused and stuff.
Me: Are you trying to say that I shouldn't be flattered when the homeless guy calls me "pretty girl"? Because all this time I have thought he might have really meant it?!?
Jackie: Oh, no, I am not saying that. Your homeless guy is probably just old and on drugs and an alcoholic. Trust me, I am sure he really DOES mean it. Don't worry.

Ah ha ha ha ha...

She's so sweet. She said that last line totally straight faced, nodding her head at me, trying so hard to convince me of this truth!

Then we both started laughing!

No comments: