To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment. - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Road Rage

The other day Jackie and I were driving to lunch.

My role is not much different than Morgan Freeman's in Driving Miss Daisy. I drive and Miss Daisy (Jackie) makes wise cracks. Though, I do let her sit in the front seat.

To say "Miss Daisy" is used to my driving would be an understatement, as she has been the passanger in my car almost daily for the past 2 years. So, I was thrown off the other day when when she was all fidgety and nervous.

Me: What's wrong, I don't have road rage or anything.
Jackie: It's not you I am worried about. It's this guy. He's all over the place. He's a mess. And, he's ALREADY killed someone driving. Look at his car, there's a sticker to prove it 'In loving memory...'

I.love.Miss.Daisy. And, that's why I drive her around for free!

No comments: