But, at the O.C. Fair I think "Aaaaahhhhh, real people." Even better, I feel relatively attractive at the O.C. Fair. Having all my teeth and clothes that cover the unattractive parts of the human body give me a definite advantage. What's not to LOVE.
(1) The craft area, because it's SO cheesy and small town.
(2) Those ridiculously large animals behind a sheet that you can gander at for only $1 (Yes, I have seen every one of them!)
(3) Really unsafe roller coasters, which are put together in A day, by uneducated toothless carni-folk, the near death experience only enhances the thrill of the adventure.
(4) The demolition derby!
(5) All the life-size wood cutouts that you can stick your head into.
(7) Funnel Cake! I HEART Funnel Cake!
(8) Professional eaters... lots of professional eaters (due in large part to #6 and #7!)
(9) It's a what-not-to-where paradise. (Why in the world would one wear two backpacks?!? ONE ON EACH THIGH!?! - Only at the Fair). Gofugyourself.typepad.com would have a field day at the O.C. Fair!
(11) Fabulous concerts (usually) for about $20 - including free admission to experience #1 - #10.
This year, being unavoidably excited, we went to the fair on opening night. Which was not a good idea. There were so many VERY AFFECTIONATE lesbians there.
I was really proud of myself for figuring out why they all came on opening night. Willie Nelson was in concert! Lesbians LOVE Willie Nelson... ever since he donated his sperm to Melissa Etheridge and her partner he's been a HUGE hit in the lesbian community. Of course, that's why they were in attendance... rampant as all get out! It had to be Willie Nelson...
You can imagine my dismay when I shared my clever theory with a friend and was made brutally aware that it was actually Crosby... or Stills... or Nash... that so lovingly donated his man swimmers to the Lesbian musician.
Why does that always happen to me?!?
And, do you think the lesbians thought it was actually Willie that helped out their cause, or just me?