To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment. - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Monday, March 10, 2008

Dear Brooke... this one's for you!

Dearest Pot! Your wish is my command!
My friend Brooke is constantly counting on me to a.) Blog WAY more often than I do; and b.) "be funny".

The pressure to be funny is overwhelming... sometimes I am tired, sometimes I am boring, sometimes I run, sometimes I hide, sometimes I am scared... (Oh wait that's not me, that's Britney Spears, sometimes I get confused).

Basically, I can not always be prevailed upon to be funny! Sometimes I need help.

Today I am assisted by Aaron (who will most definitely kick my butt for posting these photos publically, but, I'll take my chances, since Brooke needs to laugh).


On Saturday, the weather was beautiful! BEAUTIFUL! So, we went on a bike ride to the beach and we brought a picnic. (I was sufficiently poked fun at for cutting all the sandwiches in half, wrapping them in napkins and putting names and hearts on the bags - WHATEVER, I am going to be a fabulous mom). So, there were 5 of us, 3 boys and 2 girls. However, we only had 2 boy bikes... so Aaron VOLUNTEERED to ride the pink bike (which was BY FAR the girliest of the girl bikes we had) AND wear my sweatshirt! But, he said "no" when I wanted to put make-up on him. Oh man... I am still laughing about this one!


Ladies and gentlemen, this is a 27-year-old, straight (I presume) guy! Isn't this fantastic?!? No one makes me smile more these days...
Miss Brookie, I hope that made you laugh!
Love, Kettle

No comments: