To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment. - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Friday, May 11, 2007

Veiled Compliments ???

These are a few that I have received:

"I think your obsession with ketchup is adorable."

"Your hair looks so... ummm... 80s today."

"Wow your toes are long. I mean, you could palm a basketball with those, you could play Olympic sports with those." - this one was given by a guy I dated... but, what did I expect, one of our dates was at Hooters.

This one I got this morning.
Jonathan: "Hello Farrah!"
Me: "Huh???"
Jonathan: "You look like Farrah Fawcett today"
Me: "Like the poster you had on the wall as a kid?"
Jonathan: "No, Just your hair."




FOR THE RECORD, I CAN'T HELP IT, this is what happens when you have quasi-curly hair and you are too lazy to do it!!!


I know I have recieved more, but I can't remember them due to my old-age half-heimsers.

Now, I'd like to hear some of your best veiled compliments... go!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I would like to share a couple of my favorite veiled comments:

"Cute shoes! I have the bag that goes with them. I'll bring it to you-- you can have it since it's so last season..."

"Oh, you just remind me so much of my wonderful daughter! Well, you used to... she lost a ton of weight and looks really good now-- totally different from before."

(Believe it or not, those are both actually from the same source-- this lady I work with-- and she's the kind you don't want to have on your bad side, since she controls all of the data entry stuff. I don't think I got to come back at her with something totally clever and pissy like I wanted to...)

-Brooke

Unknown said...

I hate veiled compliments... On more than one occassion I have been told, "your hair is really...ummm...BIG" I guess that's what happens when you have curly hair that in certain weather can become...well...BIG and frizzy and...

f*bomb. said...

um, How is Farrah hair a VEILED COMPLIMENT?!?! She only started an entire DECADE (that is, ps, circling back around today) of hair-obsession.

I think it was a come-on and you may want to report said compliment to HR.

f*bomb. said...

In fact, when my high school teacher first met me, he said, "Your name is Farrah?" Then he got this sort of far-away, wistful look and trailed, "You know, my first pin-up..." And that's where I stopped him and bolted for the door.