To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment. - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Wednesday, October 3, 2007

Football... REALLY?!?

Did you have any earthly idea that tickets to a NFL football game cost as much as $500??? That is per ticket!!!

Are you kidding me???

Apparently, I have been living in a van down by the river, because I had NO clue! None!

So, yesterday my former boss contacted me. He still misses me - aaaahhhh. And, no wonder he does. Turns out I hooked him up with tickets to see the Cowboys a few years back. (I don't remember doing this! - But, man am I a rad employee!)

So, my dad used to be the CFO for the broadcasting/advertising agency that represented the Dallas Cowboys. He did this for about 8 years, I'd say. This is why my parents transplanted to Dallas after I graduated high school. Now he's the CFO of an import/export business in Dallas... turns out they're staying there... who knew?!?

Anyway, my point is this. Had I known that all those games my dad drug me to were so flippin' expensive, I would have stood on the corner and pawned my lower level or box seat tickets. That was a lot of money for me to nap in REALLY uncomfortable seats crammed between sweaty beer drinking men!

Can you imagine how many pairs of shoes I'd have now had I known this back then?

No comments: