To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment. - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Friday, October 12, 2007

Intensive Language Theory

I was talking to my dear sweet friend Brooke (who is hilarious). Anyway, I was just saying how I am in this phase where I just want to avoid long, detailed, uncomfortable and probing conversations all together. (Yes, I know this is in deed very strange coming from me - but, I am just too over it lately). Anyway, she came up with the raddest idea ever!

She said to travel with an intensive language system (cds) in some, rarely spoken in the U.S., language - like Russian. The theory is that when I get into a car I can just pop in the cd and then when anyone wants to say anything all I have to say is "no no, in Russian. Everything has to be said in Russian while in this car!" Can you imagine!?!

So Rad! - I am thinking of testing it out this weekend.

No comments: