To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment. - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Thursday, March 22, 2007

In Honor of Barney!

Uh oh. There are several people in my office wearing purple today. It doesn't happen often.

With the exception of me, everyone on my floor wears construction boots and jeans most days. But, every once in a while they pull out something fun, like a plum button-up or a lavender polo shirt.

The last time this happened, I also coincidentally, was wearing a purple cardigan. Joe (el jefe) walked into my office wearing his plum-colored button-up, Joe (the estimator) came in wearing a lavender-colored polo shirt and then into my office strolls Joe (the Project Manager) - No Joke, they are ALL named Joe - and he says:

"What the [bleep], is it Barney's birthday?"

So, I figured, it must be his birthday again today.
Happy birthday Barney, thanks for all the years of child entertainment and adult torture! Hope its a good one!

No comments: