To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment. - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Saturday, November 24, 2007

It's the Best Time of the Year...

Black Friday is over. Yippee. I am shopper... I mean, I count it among my few talents. But, man, I can not do Black Friday. Did you know that Bath and Body Works opened at 4 AM! 4 AM! Are you kidding me... what's the deal with that. Last I checked they only sold soap, right? So, running out of soap is not an option right? So, if I was to get there at... well say, noonish, they would still have soap, correct??? Just checking...

Wendy and I tried to get into Black Friday. We went to 3 running stores (I know we're nerdy!) and then braved the mall for about 3.2 seconds before we conveniently got really hungry all of the sudden (what... we run a lot, so it's allowed).

But, now that Thanksgiving is over it's not entirely shameful to start planning Christmas!

And, it starts with the music...

Last year, Cori bought me Lionel Richie's Sounds of the Seasons Christmas Album (in jest, I presume). I LOVE it!

I would be remiss if I failed to admit that should my house ever catch fire and go ablaze, that CD would be among the few things I grabbed... just to illustrate how much love I have for it!

I am listen to it now... while I take down the Pottery Barn (thanks J) inspired Autumn theme in my house and put up the Pottery Barn (thanks J) inspired Christmas decor.

1 comment:

Ali B. said...

Just for the record, my roommie and I decorated our house last night. It looks like Christmas exploded and it's RAD! You are invited to come look.