To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment. - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Friday, November 30, 2007

In the wake of Evel Knievel...

So, CNN is reporting that Evel Knievel died today...

... which made me think of this rad story about our very own dare devil - el jefe himself - Joe Reyes.

A few weeks ago my boss bought his 3rd motorcycle (this year) and went to the Baja 100 or 1,000 or 10,000... whatever it's called, we've already clearly established that I am no good at sports??? is motorcycle riding a sport??? My dad would be SO disappointed that I am unclear about this...

So anyway, he thought he was all bad-ass, wearing a shirt that said something about a Cauhuy (something about him not being afraid of the boogie man en espanol), and at his first stop across the border into Mexico a little girl walked right up to him and asked him which Power Ranger he was supposed to be!

RAD... that is so RAD! For some reason I want to find that little girl and hug her or pay her or something!

6 comments:

Seymour Glass said...

you've just lost your place in line for a ride on my bike, if and when i get a 2nd helmet.

Brett Fisher said...

Oh crap, that's one less famous Montanan roaming the world... we don't have that many to begin with!

Ali B. said...

Rob! Why? Was it that I didn't agree to motorcycling being a sport? - Fine... it can be a sport. Or was it that I was sure the numerical value behind that Baja race? I am going 1,000 - final answer! Can I be back on the list???

Anonymous said...

Ali - loved the story! Men can be most silly when they are doing what they think makes them "cool." (Now Rob, don't be offended. I'm not necessarily referencing all bike riders...just Joe and his T-shirt and his three bikes. And honestly (almost to a fault), you needent threaten me with a withheld bike ride. I'm scared of blood and asphalt :) )

Seymour Glass said...

oh please, there's lots of silliness to the whole thing. i have a sense of humor about it, i just won't stand to see the sport insulted.

here's what i think you should do ali. get joe to buy you 4 tickets to Supercross @ Edison field. we can all go, and you'll not only have the most fun people watching since the last time you went white-t, but you'll actually see why riding a motorcycle is a sport.

Amanda said...

Ali, I am soooo intrigued by your boss. Seriously, the only bonus I ever got from mine was a $25 visa card at Christmas. And I worked there for 5 years... I won't pretend I don't love the shower curtain I got with that visa card, but there is no doubt in my mind that I gotta find a boss like yours!